By Dawniel Winningham
Let’s just face it. You are what you call yourself. You are what you believe yourself to be. Me, personally, as a single mother of three teens, for a long time I called myself just that. But somehow being JUST a single mom didn’t resonate with how important my job really is.
If you ask the I.R.S. what I am they will say I am head of household. But again, something about that term is not as majestic as it should, would, or could be.
So I have renamed myself. I am C.E.O. of my L.I.F.E. There. Something about that sounds much more powerful!
As Chief Executive Officer I make the final decisions on everything that happens, not only within my family, but within me. I am the final decision maker when it comes to my success and my failures, my happiness and my sadness, my loves and my hates, my ups and my downs.
NO ONE else has control over my life. Sure my boss can make suggestions, but when it is all said and done, I CHOOSE to be employed there.
Your husband or your man may offer you an idea, but when the rubber hits the road YOU CHOOSE to listen to them or not. (This in some cases means you make the choice to leave that relationship.)
Two years ago I CHOSE to follow my dream and write my first book. Little did I realize that action would catapult me to where I am now; coaching women full time, just sending book number six to the publisher, and speaking on stages across the Nation. Yes, I am C.E.O. of my own L.I.F.E. , Master of my own dream, Driver of my own destiny, Creator of my own future; I am what my Big Mama used to call “a shot caller.” I call MY OWN shots!
I realized that this L.I.F.E. would not last forever and that if I didn’t take charge of my future, then who would? Or would I continue to drift along in the wind like seeds from a dandelion in summer, being blown whichever way OTHERS wanted me to go.
So I am asking you ladies, please claim your title. Look at the three steps below to work your way towards becoming your own C.E.O. and resist hostile takeovers of YOU from outside sources:
1. Follow your dream – No matter what it takes dig deep, find out what you want, and stop at nothing to find the tools and resources to build YOUR DREAM.
2. Know your value – Women indeed make the world go around! Whether you are a stay-at-home mom, single woman, college chick, or whatever, YOU are C.E.O. of your own destiny. Act like it!
3. Handle your business – As C.E.O. your number one business is YOU. Even if you are a mom, you can’t take care of the kids if you don’t put YOURSELF first. I know this is a struggle because I struggle with it as well, however if we continue to work and focus on this area, it gets better.
We can’t continue to ignore our poor health, our poor spending habits, and our poor mentalities.
It is time for us to SUIT UP, Hold our heads up, Get Up, Stand Up, Wake Up, and become C.E.O.’s of our OWN Destiny!
Do MORE NOW
1. For women seeking to build, or who are already building their own companies WOMEN CEO Project is offering a FREE virtual online summit Women of Power TODAY – 6/27. Register NOW
2. For women local to Houston join me and my health coach Reeshemah Holmes on our Journey to Health and Wealth starting July 1st, 2013. For more information email ME at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. For women all over who wish to join me in reading the 40 Day Soulfast by Dr. Cindy Trimm join our Facebook invitation for weekly dial in information for the free call or email me at email@example.com.
Houston’s Dawniel Patterson Winningham is a Fortune 100 Executive who sidelines as Master Coach, Best Selling Author, Award Winning Speaker, 2012 Presidential Award Winner and Founder of National Day of Sisterhood.
Receive your blog by email! Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. Six Brown Chicks’ list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.