Yesterday, I got a tip about a post titled “Now this should make the CTA Tattler.” Obviously I didn’t disappoint Levois at The Sixth Ward blog. But the real point is to educate folks on what is illegal on the CTA.
For instance, it is illegal — not to mention dangerous — to walk between train cars. This post headline quotes my wife: “only trouble walks between cars.” Levois wrote about a guy walking between cars who was ticketed by cops. Good! It seems the only people I see walking between cars are begging, running the shell game, or running from some trouble.
Two years ago I wrote about all the behaviors that are illegal on the CTA. It’s worth reviewing again. And you can read the ordinance for yourself here:
- Selling anything (including socks and CDs).
- Eating or drinking anything.
- Unsafe conduct, such as crossing between train cars and sleeping (cue John Kass).
- Spitting saliva, food, gum or tobacco.
- Indecent exposure (breast-feeding is allowed).
- Urination or defecation.
- Any sex act.
- Possessing a weapon, including a “billie club” or bludgeon.
Violators face a minimum $100 fine.
So please behave. Thank you.