You’ve probably heard that the skin is our body’s largest organ. Using quality skin care products to create a clear, firm complexion is important, but great skin actually begins within the body. In addition to a healthy diet, incorporating one simple habit into your morning routine will benefit your skin and overall health. Check out these five amazing health boosts from a simple glass of lemon water.
1. Immunity Boost: Lemons are packed with vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. So not only are they hydrating, the antimicrobial properties and antioxidants help boost immunity and ward off colds and flu: especially important during the changing seasons.
2. Improved Digestion: Nutritionally, lemons are a good source of fiber ideal for improving digestion and maintaining a longer feeling of fullness- which may ultimately lead to weight loss. They’re also beneficial for reducing bloating, constipation, and indigestion. As a natural diuretic, lemon water helps eliminate toxins within the body and supports the urinary tract system
3. Increased Energy: Not only are lemons energizing for the body, their scent increases alertness and mental clarity. A glass of lemon water in the morning can improve mood and decrease stress without a caffeine jolt.
4. Improved Skin Appearance: Lemons are rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants which help maintain skin tone, reduce blemishes, and prevent flakiness. Likewise, lemon water helps increase the body’s production of collagen which is important for the skin’s tonicity and diminishing fine lines.
5. Decrease Inflammation: Although lemons may taste acidic, they actually decrease the body’s acidity. Since they are naturally anti-inflammatory, lemon water helps reduce joint pain and promotes strong connective tissue.
Begin by adding one to two tablespoons of fresh lemon to your glass of water. Gradually work up to squeezing 1/4 to 1/2 of a lemon. Although some choose to drink lemon water warm, the benefits are equal with room-temperature water. Consciously beginning your day with this simple habit, will provide all-day health benefits for your skin and body.
*Ready to learn more simple ways to live a healthier lifestyle? Excited to hear about cool small shops & see if my weekly Pinterest task was a success or fail? Add your email to the “Subscribe By Email” box on the right and you’ll be notified every time there’s a new post!
More changes are coming to the Favor the Earth/Conveniently Green Facebook page? “Like” my page so you don’t miss any news.