As I mentioned, I’m trying this new thing where I actually listen to the people that know me best. Two weeks ago, I investigated the advice from one of my best straight male friends, Alek. This time around, I switched sides to hear from my BGF. (P.S. I hope you wore purple yesterday for Spirit Day. I know I did!) Zach, a Boystown blogger, has been the apple of my fruit fly eye for years and was the decoy TDH at parties. When TDH and I broke up, Zach picked me up from my apartment within hours and whisked me away for a BGN.
Zach has seen me through the highs, lows and bizarres of my Chicago dating life. Plus, who knows a fruit fly better than her cherry on top?
Who Ana Should Date:
- Funny and playfully sarcastic (but also doesn’t take everything personally…)
- Smart enough to hold an educated conversation…about what Ana wants to talk about
- Someone adventurous, always wanting to try something new
- Honest, trustworthy and committed, but enough so to give her space when she needs it
- Solid arm candy, supportive and does the small things to show he cares
Where can Ana find this guy:
- By doing things out the norm — networking events, a friend’s party she doesn’t normally hang out with, gallery show or even a new museum exhibit opening on the arm of her favorite mo…me.
As it turned out, my social life got thrown into a bit of a whirlwind this week. From being Anna Hovet’s guest at the Macy’s Incubator Fashion Show to being invited to the private screening of Kanye’s Runaway, I was all over the place and it felt amazing. I realized two things: I LOVE this new independence and I doubt myself too much. There were a ton of attractive men, but I’ve got to own number one and forget number two first. I did, however, get picked up by a guy on the walk from the Roosevelt Red Line to the Icon Theater.
I think Zach is definitely on to something here. My biggest complaint when I’m in a relationship is that suddenly all of my adventure disappears. The guy never wants to try to new things. If I meet him while expanding my horizons, that’s got to be a good thing, right?
P.S. I wanted to use Zach’s twitter picture…but it has been photoshopped beyond recognition…