At this point, if you’re not slathering your doorknobs, refrigerator door handles, toilet levers, keyboards, remotes and phone screens with oceans of disinfectant (if you can even find some), you probably won’t take my or anyone else’s advice.
But I’m continually discovering places and things we touch all the time that never occurred to me to clean on a regular or daily basis before, and it’s downright gross.
Without further ado, here’s a list of things that may not be on our radar:
1. The blind opener-thingie
Think about how many times a day or week you might touch this. I wipe down the blinds themselves pretty regularly, but right now we should be disinfecting this pretty much daily especially if there are multiple people living in the house.
2. This may be one of the more obvious ones, but light switches are another thing we don’t realize how much we touch all day long.
3. Along the same lines, switches on lamps.
That includes not only house keys but car door opener fobs. How many of us think to regularly wash our keys? I gave mine a bleach soak and it’s going to be the first of many.
5. The handles and knobs of dresser drawers
6. The cleaning supplies themselves.
Who thinks to clean the cleaning stuff? This includes most of all handles of brooms and mops. And also the outsides and the triggers of spray bottles.
7. The squirt thing on top of hand soap.
Think of how many times you press on it daily with dirty fingers.
8. Another more obvious one: Steering wheels, radio and heat controls, and basically everything else you touch on the dashboard of your car.
9. Of course, anything that has a knob of any kind. That includes stovetop controls, washer/dryer, etc.
10. Anything with a twist cap.
This includes nail polish bottles, perfume, makeup, etc.
There’s much more that can be added to this list. If you can think of anything please suggest!
And stay safe and well.