Things have been really quiet around here. Sorry about that.
The truth is that we’ve been so busy enjoying all of the fabulous holiday activities around town that I haven’t had time to blog about any of them.
Last year, my husband was out of town for work for much of the holiday season and we missed out on some of our favorite holiday activities (they just wouldn’t have been the same without Daddy). So this year, we are making up for it by doing twice as much stuff as we normally do.
It’s been really fun. And busy. So blogging has fallen by the wayside. Happens sometimes.
I thought I would share our family’s holiday agenda. I am not saying that these are the very best holiday events out there. These are just the ones on our list. Think that I am missing some must-do’s? Tell me about them in the comments.
What We’ve Done So Far:
- Zoo Lights at the Lincoln Park Zoo (through January 2nd)
- The Dance-Along Nutcracker (sorry, this was a one-day event — but is is fabulous and free so you should put it on your calendar for next year).
- Caroling at Cloud Gate (don’t miss the final night — December 17th at 6:00 p.m.)
- Christmas Tea at the Drake (I did this with some mommy friends of mine — but this would be a great family outing as well).
- The CTA Holiday Train (through Wednesday, December 22nd)
What We’re Planning To Do in the Coming Weeks:
- Christmas Around the World and Holiday of Lights at the Museum of Science and Industry (through January 9th).
- Wonderland Express at the Chicago Botanic Garden (through January 2nd).
- Holly Days Festival at the Art Institute (December 27th-30th)
- Ice Skating at Millennium Park (this really doesn’t need to be a holiday event because the rink stays open through March)
Magic at the Brookfield Zoo (through January 1st). We can’t enough of
twinkling lights in a zoo setting.)
An ambitious agenda, yes. But I think we can do it. So what’s on your holiday hot list?