We are nearing the end of 2017 and it is time to reflect back on the year. Looking through my photos, I am reminded that this has indeed been a good year filled with many new and happy experiences. (Here are 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015).
1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before? Kiss a dolphin.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My resolution is always patience. It is always a work in progress.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I wish. I love babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Our beloved dog, Levon.
5. What places did you visit? Florida, Mexico, Hawaii, Nashville, Seattle, New Orleans and Indiana.
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017? Eat cleaner and less gluten, dairy, sugar and wine.
7. What dates from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? My husband and I both turned 40 this year and all four of our parents turned 70 in the last year and a half.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My first business trip for Modern Day MS to Nashville.
9. What was your biggest failure? My health.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Besides my daily battle with MS, my daughter broke her arm.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Overnight camp for my son was a big purchase although worth every penny as he gained independence.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband works very hard every day for our family and has traveled a ton this year for work. .
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Sadly, I would have to say our President.
14. Where did most of your money go? Our mortgage.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Taking our kids to Hawaii was pretty incredible.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer – I hope.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Worked on my children’s book.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Yelling at my kids.
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2017? Dinner with my in-laws.
21. Did you fall in love in 2017? No.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I watch a lot of TV, but can’t come up with a favorite.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2017? My husband took me to Seattle for my 40th birthday.
24. What was the best book you read? How to Raise an Adult
25. What did you want and get? A harmonica for Hanukkah.
26. What did you want and not get? A flat stomach.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I just saw The Greatest Showman yesterday and really enjoyed the musical movie.
28. Did you make some new friends this year? Yes.
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Feeling comfortable with my weight.
31. What kept you sane? Yoga.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Eh. I try to stay away from that.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Gun control.
34. Who did you miss? My dog Levon. I miss him everyday.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017. “Everything you think is a problem has a solution.” – my favorite sister
I would love to hear how you answer these questions. Answer the same questions on your social media, blog or website and link back here or respond in the comments below.
Happy New Year! I’m hoping 2018 is going to be a good year.
Make sure you don’t miss out on future articles. Like Ups and Downs of a Yoga Mom on Facebook , Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram or type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.