My daughter is a hoarder and has a very hard time getting rid of things. She is extremely creative and comes up with very interesting art and games from scraps of paper, clothes sizes too small, lost puzzle pieces and fallen Barbie shoes.
My girl is constantly taking things out of the recycling bag or donation bin. It is frustrating to say the least.
Here are five (of many) things she will not say goodbye to.
1. Every goody bag and it’s contents she has received for the past seven years.
2. Each shoebox she or anyone in the family has ever received.
3. Valentines she received from classmates in 2014.
4. All Legos, instruction manuals and boxes we have ever received.
5. Her changing table from when she was a baby.
My mom claims I was very messy as a child, so there is hope.
Can you relate? Does your child have a time letting go of things?
You may also enjoy reading: Why my daughter’s room will never look like those on Pinterest, A letter to my girl on her 5th birthday and all about sensory bins.
Make sure you don’t miss out on future articles. Like Ups and Downs of a Yoga Mom on Facebook or type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.