It is the last day of 2015 and time to reflect back on the year. Looking through my photos, I am reminded that this has indeed been a good year filled with many new and happy experiences. I am proud to be sharing my fifth annual end of the year wrap up. (Here are 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014).
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before? Is this a bad sign that nothing comes to mind?
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I always say patience. This year, I’ve accepted I am impatient at times. I am learning to cope and deal with anxiety, but no longer making it a resolution. This year I’ve made one more tangible.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A few yoga students.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Bubby Sarah passed away in May.
5. What places did you visit? Florida, South Carolina, Mexico, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana and San Francisco.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015? I want to go out more!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I am proud with the yoga business I’ve created. I’ve met some kind and interesting women in my neighborhood by sharing yoga with them.
9. What was your biggest failure? I guess my health.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Battling multiple sclerosis daily.
11. What was the best thing you bought? We went to Mexico for three days for an old college friends wedding. It was extravagant but so much fun and filled with love.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My daughter. She worked with an occupational therapist this year and I’ve seen improvements in her control and awareness of her emotions.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Those that use guns on innocent humans.
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage and bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Mexico
16. What song will always remind you of 2015? Hello by Adele is all I can think of. The beginning of the year it was Taylor Swift, because my girl can’t get enough.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spend time with friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Being mean to those I love.
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2015? We don’t celebrate Christmas, but Mexico is the best place to be.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015? I still love my husband and continue to love my children more every day.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Breaking Bad was a huge commitment. It was intense and still haunts me, but very well done.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2015? My mom and I went to the beach and my husband and I went to City Winery at night.
24. What was the best book you read? This was a good one.
25. What did you want and get? Modern Day MS has connecting me with the massive multiple sclerosis community worldwide. My goal and hope is that I am making a small difference.
26. What did you want and not get? A cure for MS.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I rarely watch movies.
28. Did you make some new friends this year? Yes.
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not having MS
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? I’ve been into plaid shirts and ripped jeans lately (when I’m not wearing yoga clothes.)
31. What kept you sane? Yoga and writing.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Eh, I’m over the whole celeb thing.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Gun control.
34. Who did you miss? I think about both of my Grandmas often.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015. Put one foot in front of the other and make it happen. Anything is possible.
I would love to hear how you answer these questions. Answer the same questions on your blog or website and link back here or respond in the comments below.
Happy New Year! I’m hoping 2016 is going to be a good year.
Make sure you don’t miss out on future articles. Like Ups and Downs of a Yoga Mom on Facebook , Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram or type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Filed under: Uncategorized