It seems everyone I speak to is feeling down this time of year. We are now a good two months into winter, experienced at least one major snowstorm, three days of canceled school and are still shivering and slipping wherever we go.
I’m not seeing the novelty and the beauty of the snow. I’m cold and sick of the layers and obstacles to get to the grocery store.
Anyway, enough of the negativity – I am getting out from the slump. Are you coming with me?
Here is what I am committing to starting today.
- Cooking healthy meals consistently. We have been lazy and ordering in or going out too much.
- Exercise every day. Traci shared a 35- minute workout that can be done from home.
- Make plans. I love to be comfortable at home, but have to push myself to see my friends.
- Drink more water. Less coffee and less wine.
- Read more books. Watch less TV.
Anything else I should add to the list?
Are you in? I know even doing one of the above will make me feel better, but am committing to it all. You are going to hold me accountable, aren’t you?
Make sure you don’t miss out on future articles. Like Ups and Downs of a Yoga Mom on Facebook or type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
- Check out my photo project How Quickly They Change