At this point my yearly wrap-up has become somewhat of a tradition. (Here is 2011, 2012 and 2013). It is always surprising to reflect over the year and notice what has changed and how much has stayed the same.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? I started my own website, Modern Day MS.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My new year’s resolution is always patience. I’m always working on it, but feel a little more peaceful with others this year. Not sure if it is the medication or meditation.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Jill had a beautiful baby girl and many prenatal yoga students delivered babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Luckily, no.
5. What places did you visit? Florida, Wisconsin, South Carolina, New York, Indiana, Ohio, Mexico.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? More energy, a regular babysitter and date nights.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 1st was the launch of Modern Day MS.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My kids. They impress me daily.
9. What was your biggest failure? Meaningless bickering with my husband, my kids or my mom.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Battling multiple sclerosis.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I made myself a beautiful office and bought a wood desk, soft rug and comfy chair.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband. He puts up with me, works very hard for our family plus steps in when I need him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Mean and selfish people.
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage and bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Mexico
16. What song will always remind you of 2014? Happy by Pharrell
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? not sure
c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Cardio
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Drinking
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2014? We don’t celebrate Christmas, but my family spent time together in Mexico.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014? No. Yet, I continue to be in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Parenthood
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2014? My husband was out of town, so I went out with my two oldest friends.
24. What was the best book you read? Jojo Mayes “Me Before You.”
25. What did you want and get? I wanted to start a positive community for people with MS and I did it and created Modern Day MS.
26. What did you want and not get? A cure for MS.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I loved St. Vincent, but that was recently. I can’t remember back to January.
28. Did you make some new friends this year? I’m connecting with new writers and yogis.
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not having MS
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Yoga clothes mostly.
31. What kept you sane? Writing, yoga and my family.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Can’t think of anyone.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Gun control.
34. Who did you miss? My Grandma.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014. Carpe Diem. Seize the day!
I would love to hear how you would answer these questions. Please share your links and bests and worsts of 2014.
Happy New Year! Here is to good things to come in 2015.
Make sure you don’t miss out on future articles. Like Ups and Downs of a Yoga Mom on Facebook or type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
- Check out my 2014 photo project How Quickly They Change