Six years ago after a busy day eating Penny’s Noodles, pizza and Dairy Queen, I told my husband I thought I might be in labor.
He didn’t believe me; after all it was ten days before my due date.
My mom sped over to pick up our then two-year-old and we headed to the hospital listening to Elton John. My sister and brother-in-law met us there to welcome Amber Dawn into the world on the lucky day of 8.8.08.
Like her name, she is bright, intense, beautiful and overwhelming. I see much of myself in her love of pretty things and her creativity. She has her Dad’s athleticism and stubbornness.
This morning over a heart-shaped birthday breakfast, I asked her the following questions.
1. Who is your favorite person in the whole world?
Can I say my family?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What is your favorite thing to wear?
Dresses and skirts
4. What is your favorite sport?
Pinball. Is that a sport?
5. What is your favorite cereal?
Frosted Mini Wheats and Raisin Bran
6. Who is your best friend?
Kate** and Jackie
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be a Ballet Teacher.
8. What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is Mercy Watson.
9. What are you really good at?
Drawing and ballet
10. Where do you wish you could go on vacation?
11. What is your best memory?
When I was born.
12. What would you buy if you had a $1000?
Furniture! I’m just kidding. I would buy more dollars! Is that even possible to do?
13. What vegetable do you like the most?
Avocado, cucumbers and pickles
14. If you could have one wish what would it be?
Me being a baby again
15. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Mint chocolate chip
16. Who is your biggest hero?
That’s tough – Dylan and Daddy!
17. What do you like to do with your friends?
I like to do plays and play with dolls.
18. What do you hope to accomplish by your next birthday?
What does accomplish mean? Be good at dancing.
Great answers, Happy 6th Birthday!
*It was pink yesterday.
**I’ve never met Kate before.
I could not be more grateful to have this sweet and sassy girl in my life. She challenges and teaches me everyday.
You might also enjoy an interview with my eight year old on his birthday.
Make sure you don’t miss any posts (can’t count on Facebook anymore). Type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
- Check out my 2014 photo project How Quickly They Change.