Still working out the new issues with the WordPress update here. So I am posting some select events for the St. Patrick’s weekend. A fill schedule for the next few days is at my sort of an app at this link. All updates will appear there, so keep checking!
A lot of events just started running together: 312 Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Pi Day (Hmm, don’t see anything specifically Pi related).
Friday, March 12
Goose Island 312 Day 2021
Chicagoland’s favorite very real (but totally made up) holiday – 312 Day – is back and bigger than ever this year with the launch of Goose Island 312 Lemonade Shandy with the following celebrations:
- Turning Lemons Into Lemonade: Last year was a sour year and so we’re turning that into lemonade and celebrating 312 Day this year by dropping 50 giant lemons around Chicago. It’s simple, you find a giant lemon, you win a Goose branded bike!
- 312 Lemonade Shandy Stand: Lucky lemon finders and those over 21+ are invited to come sample Goose’s newest offering at the transformed Taproom (1800 W Fulton St.)… aka the adult lemonade stand on March 12.
- Music At Clybourn Brewpub w/ Do312: Some of Chicago’s best bands and artists will be bringing some much needed live music virtually with performances from: Ganser, Ohmme, Sen Morimoto and a very special show from Beach Bunny—live from the Goose Island Brewhouse! One lucky winner and a friend will get exclusive access to the live taping of Beach Bunny’s set – enter HERE. Think of it as the world’s tiniest concert! (*COVID-19 testing will be available on-site and is mandatory for the winner + guest.)
12:00 pm • Beer Release Weekend
Tighthead Brewing Co., 161 N. Archer Ave., Mundelein, IL 847-970-9174 Map
We have a HUGE weekend of new beers and food trucks! Join us in the tap room or heated tent for new beers on draft, new beers in cans, and food trucks.
Mechanic’s Grove Maibock • Chocolate Malty Balls • Cherry Chocolate Malty Balls • Crepuscular
Mechanic’s Grove Maibock • Chocolate Malty Balls • 2019 Chocolate Malty Balls • Cherry Chocolate Malty Balls • Coconut/Vanilla Chocolate Malty Balls • Crepuscular • Cherry Crepuscular • Vanilla Crepuscular
Friday Food Truck: Cheesie’s
Saturday Food Truck: Arnold’s Tacos
Limit one 4pack per customer. Cans go on sale at noon on Friday, March 12th. Pre-orders are available now in the tap room or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3:00 – 7:00 pm • Lager Time with Art History Brewing
The Beer Cellar, 488 Crescent Blvd., Glen Ellyn, IL 630-315-5060 Map
Come get your Lager on! We are going to host our friends Art History Brewing from Geneva! We will be pouring the following beers:
Fastenbier • Dopplebock • Marzen • Butterfly Question Saison
3:00 – 7:00 pm • Thank Goat it’s Friday
Solemn Oath Taproom, 1661 Quincy Ave. #179, Naperville IL (630) 995-3062 Map
So maybe we’ve been a little obsessive about celebrating Fridays lately, but we’ve had good reason with a coupla rad Friday beers and now this… a visit from Chef Stephanie Izard and her Goat Group crew THIS FRIDAY from 3-7pm!
Join us in the dome forest for a St. Pat’s themed throw down from one of Chicago’s top chefs and her talented team.
Not only will they be cooking on site Friday afternoon, this will also act as their final Girl And The Goatceries meal kit pickups for the foreseeable future as they start to reopen their establishments.
Pre-order meal kits and St. Pat’s inspired Sugargoat sweets to go and grab an a la carte bite and an al fresco beer with us in the Community Dome Forest, you won’t be sorry you did!
4:00 pm • Irish Feast at NIghtshade and Dark’s
Nightshade and Dark’s Pandemonium Brewing, 216 W. Clayton St., Waukegan, IL (847) 445-2467 Map
We aren’t open on St Patrick’s Day so come practice and enjoy a fabulous Irish feast! Food served by Catered Productions in Mundelein. Corned Beef, Cabbage, Red Potatoes and Carrots Rye. No green beer.
5:00 – 8:00 pm • John Boy Pils Fish Tacos
Sew Hop’d Brewery & Taproom, One Union Special Plaza Suite 113, Huntley, IL Map
Del Toro Street Taco will be here with:
John Boy Pils Battered Fish Tacos • Barbacoa • Chipotle Chicken • Salsa • Elote Street Corn • Queso Cheese
6:00 pm • Wolfden Brewing Tap Takeover
Kuma’s Corner Schaumburg, 1570 E. Golf Rd., Schaumburg, IL (847) 240-1200 Map
Come hang out and drink some delicious beers with us!
$1 of every Wolfden beer sold will be donated to the National MS Society!
- Foggy Thoughts – NEIPA with Tangerine
- Highlander – Polish Pilsner
- Zombie Raspberry Paczki – Golden Pastry Ale
- Boujie Frut – Fruited Sour
- Cookie Calamity – Imperial Cookies & Cream Stout
7:00 pm • 312 Day Live Broadcast
Online via Goose Island Brewhouse, 1800 N. Clybourn Ave., Chicago, IL (312) 915-0071
Join us on March 12th for a 312 Day Live Broadcast. Host Jaime Black of Dynasty Podcasts will lead a discussion about the future of live events post-COVID with Chicago music industry professionals:
- Dom Brown (Auris Presents / Activate Chi),
- Juan Teague (Juan And Only Events)
- Pepe Vargas (Latino Cultural Center)
- Adam Thurston (Lincoln Hall/Schubas/Audiotree)
- Molly Mobley (Empty Bottle/16″ On Center)
Plus, some of Chicago’s best bands and artists will be bringing some much needed live music to our lives with performances. Tune in for sets from:
And a very special show from Beach Bunny—live from the Goose Island Brewhouse! Bar tab + food included.
One lucky winner and a friend will get exclusive access to the live taping of Beach Bunny’s set. Think of it as the world’s tiniest concert! (*COVID-19 testing will be available on-site and is mandatory for the winner + guest.)
Stop by the brewhouse any time during March and enjoy the special edition Burger Of The Month—a collaboration with singer/songwriter/poet Jamila Woods!
For those tuning in from home, enjoy the show with Goose Island’s new 312 Lemonade Shandy! Use code 312LEMONADESHANDY for $5 off your first order on Drizly!
Make a reservation for 312 Day where the broadcast will be screened throughout the restaurant and enjoy the below 312 Day specials!
Saturday, March 13
Riverlands Year Two
Riverlands Brewing Co., 1860 Dean St. Unit A, St. Charles, IL (630) 549-6293 Map
RIVERLANDS: YEAR TWO is upon us, and even though it may look a lot different this year, we aim to celebrate another year in St. Charles and, ultimately, surviving 2020.
Join us for ONE OF THREE SESSIONS on Saturday, March 13.
- Tickets for our anniversary party are on sale via the webstore (bit.ly/riverlands).
- Each party attendee receives: entrance to their two-hour session, three beer tickets good for any draft on the taplist, one (and only one) 5oz pour of Riverlands II Weller Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout, a tour of our brewing space by one of our owners or brewing staff, and a 24k gold-rimmed 11.5oz commemorative Riverlands glass.
- Sessions will run 12-2pm, 3-5pm, and 6-8pm. You and your party members may ONLY attend ONE session. We want to give as many people a shot at celebrating as possible.
- Tickets for each session are sold BY THE TABLE at $40 per person. This will allow us to maximize our space with fewer vacant seats.
- TICKETS AVAILABLE: single bar seat tickets (very limited), two-, three-, four-, and six-person tables. You MUST purchase all tickets for an entire table together, as they’ll be listed as ONE PRICE (i.e. a two-person table is $80). Be sure your party knows who the reservation is made under if arriving separately. There will be NO REFUNDS if your table isn’t full at the event.
- Each party attendee has an option of buying up to TWO BOTTLES of Riverlands II Imperial Stout on the day of the event at $25 per bottle, not included in the ticket price. No need to worry about our online bottle sale! In fact, please don’t so that more folks can enjoy this beer.
- Grab a killer smashburger from A BIKER DUDE while you’re here! We suggest ordering early so you have plenty of time to eat. Food not included in ticket price.
- About 20 minutes before your session ends, you’ll receive last call to purchase any additional beer to-go and get closed out. At the end of your session, please leave promptly so we can reset for the next round.
9:00 am – 4:00 pm • Beer Pickup at Energy City!
Energy City Brewing, 917 First St., Batavia, IL 630-597-5581 Map
ONLINE PRE-ORDERS ARE LIVE! Click here: shop.energycitybrewing.com/ to order. Thank you for choosing Energy City Brewing!
- Pineapple & Habanero Heat Wave Turbine – fruited American Sour Ale w/ Sabro hops & medium spiciness (7.5% ABV).
- Bâtisserie Chocolate & Coconut Macaroon – Imperial Milk Stout (10% ABV)
- Bistro Key Lime Pie, fruited Berliner Weisse (8% ABV)
- Bistro Cherry Ambrosia – Pineapple, Tangerine, Cherry, Coconut & Marshmallow, fruited Berliner Weisse (8% ABV)
- WOO HOO! Turbine – Peach, Cranberry & Citra Hops, fruited American Sour Ale (7.5% ABV).
Drive-thru beer pickup time: Saturday, March 13th from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
All beer is pre-sold online and delivered to your vehicle with proof of purchase and valid ID. PROXIES ALLOWED with copy of email receipt & 21+*
10:00 am • St. Paddy’s Day
Black & Gray Brewing Co., 311 Barrington Ave., East Dundee, IL (224) 484-8200 Map
Black & Gray Brewing goes Green for St. Paddy’s Day!
We are opening at 10 a.m.
$1 off Prairie View Lager pints all day
Stadium Street Eats will be grilling food from 3-7 pm.
We have a large patio so if you aren’t ready to hang indoors yet, you can sit out in the fresh air (weather permitting).
NOTE: We do require masks to be worn any time you are not sitting at your table. This is non-negotiable for the safety of your fellow guests, and our staff.
12:00 pm • St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and B.A. Sleepy Bear Release
Werk Force Brewing, 14903 S. Center St., Plainfield, IL 815-531-5557 Map
What’s better than having an excuse to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day a few days early… pairing it with a Happy Belly Chefs menu and Bourbon Barrel Aged Mint Chocolate Chip Sleepy Bear of course!
Let’s kick off the spring season with full bellies and beer
Join us Saturday March 13th at 12pm for the official release of B.A. Mint Chocolate Chip Sleepy Bear (available on draft and 2pks to-go)
Happy Belly Chefs will be on-site serving up an amazing menu from 12-3pm. Check the menu at the Facebook Event page.
12:00 – 11:00 pm • St. Patrick’s Day 2021 at OBC
Oswego Brewing Co., 61 S. Main St., Oswego, IL (331) 999-1991 Map
Join us and help celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! More information is to come, but here is what we have so far!
BEER: The Green beer will be flowing of course! AND
Here are our featured Irish beers on tap:
Dry Irish Stout (End of the Rainbow)
An Irish Red (Thatched Roof)
MUSIC: 1 PM – Oswego Fire Department Pipes and Drums will be starting off the celebration
FOOD: 1-7 PM – Dark Horse will be serving up their take on Irish cuisine. Menu will be posted in discussion – corned beef sandwiches, beef stew, potatoes and more!
SPECIAL EVENT: 1-4PM – Bike Bald Group will be on site for their head shaving event. They are raising funds & raising childhood cancer awareness.
Simply register to secure your shave time or you can pay $100 minimum donation. Register to reserve your time at their website bikebald.com
IRISH DANCERS: 2:30pm – Come and enjoy the show!
LIVE MUSIC: 3:30-6 PM. Retro Unplugged will be performing to get the evening started off. Retro Unplugged performs acoustic arrangements of classic hits spanning six decades from a variety of musical genres.
MORE MUSIC: 7-10 PM – The Summer of George will be performing for our listening pleasure. They are an acoustic duo with a focus on deeper alternative hits from the 90s!
Masks required when not eating or drinking. Covid-19 regulations are to be abided by. 25% Capacity indoors and our tents will be up for outdoor fun!
12:00 pm – 1:00 am • St. Patrick’s Day Shenanigans at OAB
One Allegiance Brewing, 10215 S. Harlem Ave., Chicago Ridge, IL (708) 529-7067 Map
Get ready to shake your shamrocks with us this year for St. Paddy’s day! We’ve got the whiskey, the food, festive merch, and Irish music. Of course, we also have plenty of the Crawlspace Porter and a NEW STOUT to make your St. Paddy’s Day absolutely EPIC. Big Nate’s is popping in with their awesome corned beef, potatoes and Irish soda bread.
Who’s ready to get LUCKY?!
New Beer Release: BLISS Double Oatmeal Stout
Drink Special: Jameson Irish Mules, Crawlspace Porter Bombs
12:00 pm • Anniversary Anniversary Bottle Release
Will County Brewing Co., 1142 W. Jefferson St., Shorewood, IL (815) 582-4157 Map
We’re celebrating a very different year with a totally different beer.
Available Saturday at 12 Noon, Anniversary Three Caramel Apple Tripel is brewed with Fuji apples and Dan’s Homemade Candies Caramels. What better style to brew on our third anniversary, right?
12:00 pm • Wake the Sleepy Bear!
Orange & Brew, 1027 Burlington Ave., Downers Grove, IL (630) 541-3880 Map
It’s time to wake up another Barrel Aged Sleepy Bear from Werk Force Brewing Co.: Mint Chocolate Chip! And this time, we’ll have cans, draft variants, and glassware available for purchase!
In celebration of spring and all things warm, fuzzy, and wonderful Werk Force blended eight different 12 – 24 month vintages of Sleepy Bear aging in an array of bourbon barrels into a delicious treat. They then added a double dose of Ghana cacao nibs, vanilla and mint giving this imperial stout one hell of a choir of awesomeness. It’s rich, refreshing, decadent and beckons to be shared in great company.
If you can’t make the release at Werk Force, we’ll have Mint Chocolate Chip cans AND draft available at Noon, plus we’ll tap kegs of Barrel Aged Chocolate Salted Caramel and the non-barrel aged Mexican Hot Chocolate Sleepy Bear.
12:00 – 11:00 pm • St. Paddy’s Day Celebration
Off Square Brewing, 11000 Delaware Pkwy., Crown Point, IN (219) 310-8898 Map
What could be better than Irish food, Irish beer and Working Class Zero?! We will celebrate St. Paddy’s Day all day long with a special menu, the band will play 6:00pm-7:30 and 8:30-10:30. We are all IRISH on St. Paddy’s Day!
12:00 pm • Pollyanna Berries & Birds
Pollyanna Brewing Co., 431 Talcott Ave., Lemont, IL (630) 914-5834 Map
& Pollyanna – Roselare, 245 E. Main St., Roselle, IL (847) 285-1909 Map
& 106 S. Riverside Ave., St. Charles, IL 630-549-7372 Map
Our Berries and Birds Bash! is back on Saturday in Lemont, Roselle, and St Charles. Our yearly Spring Bash celebrates the release of draft and cans of our favorite pink beer, “Summerly!” This year, we’re thinking less bird, but more hops! We’re also releasing draft and cans of “Double Dry Hopped Double Lexical Gap Mosaic” and the debut of “Amber Pines.”
- Summerly – 4.8% ABV Raspberry Wheat Ale
- Double Dry Hopped Double Lexical Gap Mosaic – 8.3% ABV West Coast DIPA
- Amber Pines – 5.7% ABV American Amber Ale
Beer, food, music, and fun times will be happening all day long!
12:00 – 4:00 pm • Monk’s Pop-up
BuckleDown Brewing, 8700 W. 47th St., Lyons, IL (708) 777-1842 Map
Monk’s Burgers & More is back at our taproom Saturday cooking up delicious food to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! On the menu is Corned Beef & Cabbage. Also the Irishman Burger.
We will have the Shane available on nitro tap all day long. Also try our “Dog Bite:” one part Clencher 6 and one part The Shane! We will have pipes and drums at 3pm. The taproom will be open till 8pm.
Sunday, March 14
11:00 am – 3:00 pm • Brunch Invasion-St. Patrick’s Day Edition
Rock Island Public House, 13328 S. Olde Western Ave., Blue Island, IL 708-388-5513 Map
Our monthly brunch installment with Butter Upon Bacon to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! Although things may be looking different this year, we’re still trying to keep some traditions going, following Covid guidelines of course.
No one wants to miss out on Chef Gerry’s homemade corned beef!
2:00 pm • Molly’s Cupcakes Beer-Cider Pairing (Winter Edition)
Tapville Social – Rosemont, 5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, IL (847) 227-0063 Map
Tapville Social is pairing craft beer & cider with Molly’s Cupcakes. Join us for a event to sample five delicious Molly’s Cupcakes and five beer and cider selections. Bring some friends and shop at the mall and visit Tapville Social in the Food Court for this delicious event. Tickets are $30 here.
2:00 pm • Cabbage Bash-2021!
Blue Island Beer Company, 13357 Olde Western Ave., Blue Island, IL (708) 954-8085 Map
Cabbage Bash is back and just like last year, you can bash a cabbage for charity!
This year will benefit NIVA (National Independent Venue Association) with cabbage provided by County Fair Foods and leftovers served to the animals at Fulcrum Farms.
Food will be available as well as fresh cans of It’s Been A Grip Irish Red.
We will be practicing all Covid-19 protocols including mask wearing and social distancing!