Life is hard, and telling the truth isn’t always easier. I live with a precocious 4 year old. The man’s got questions. He also has a natural flair for the dramatic (no idea where he got that) and blows little problems out of proportion. My mom forgot to tell me not to lie (a lie, no doubt), so I do. I lie and its okay. Here are 5 lies I’ve told my child so far:
- Yup, you just jumped out of my belly when you were big enough!
- The dryer ruined your favorite (and too small) pajamas.
- Your brother and I didn’t do anything fun while you were at school.
- Daddy ate all the ice cream (I ate all the ice cream, but he’s not home).
- The computer/kindle needs to be charged. It takes a whole day.
Yes, there’s something to be said about taking life by the horns, and no, I’ m not afraid of pissing my kid off. I know I’m not alone. So, let’s hear it. What have you lied about so far?
Head over and participate in my Facebook page and become a Mable Mommy! Click right here and join: Stable Mable.
If you’d like to hear more, please type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.