You know me. Though I hate this in myself, I can’t help but admit I’m a bit lazy. That’s the main reason I absolutely love my slow cooker. I especially love recipes where you don’t have to do anything BUT throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker. Then, you just wait and TA-DA! Dinner is done. This is one of those recipes and it’s SO delicious! It’s also low calorie and low carb. Total win.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- juice from 1/2 medium lemon (save the other half for the sauce)
- 1/3 cup water
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TZATZIKI SAUCE
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 finely grated cucumber
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves (I can never have enough garlic)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- juice from 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and water.
- Pour over chicken and cook on low for 7 hours.
- To make the sauce:
- In a medium bowl, combine Greek Yogurt, cucumber, garlic, white wine vinegar, dill week, salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving to allow the flavors to blend.