I am on a mission to become a good cook. My mom is an amazing cook, and I will probably never live down not being able to even make Jello for her one year. 25 years ago. So I cook a LOT, in hopes that one day it will just click. I’m definitely getting there. There have been no fires in my kitchen, nor have I have had to throw anything away. Things often however, do not come out looking like they do on Pinterest.
Every Tuesday, I would like to share a recipe with you that is super simple and that has WORKED. I’m sure there are more people like me that spend hours searching for simple, delicious and lite recipes, and I’d love to share some of what I’ve been able to make. This is one of those recipes. If you’d like it to be a bit heartier, you could pair this with angel hair pasta, but I like to keep things very low-carb. This recipe really couldn’t be much easier, thanks to your slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Tomato Balsamic Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 4 hours Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
I have provided ingredients to serve 2, but you can up the amounts depending on how many people you are feeding.
- 2/3 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 9 oz canned diced tomatoes, half of the liquid drained
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (plus more for serving)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- salt/pepper to taste
- Add the chicken to your slow cooker. Season with salt & pepper. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except for the spinach.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, adding the spinach during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Leave me a comment and let me know how yours turns out!