So here I am at 2 a.m. in the morning, and I really need to tell the truth about some things to MYSELF before I can move forward.
It has been at least six months since my last photo shoot. No I am not a supermodel, far from it. I am a coach, author, executive, speaker but shoot I need new pictures! I am still leaning on last year’s pictures and I have changed so much since then. Not only that I have a talk show contract on hold as well as I have been deftly dodging television media appearances. My new web site with video content is long overdue and so on and so on and so on.
During my last photo shoot I resigned myself NOT to have another until I had lost at least 50 pounds.
I set out to work on it right away but life and other commitments got in the way. Sure I lost SOME weight but not what I had committed to myself.
So NOW I am back at it again. I have challenged myself to lose 20 pounds in the next 20 days. Part of the reason behind that is I am thinking that I can do ANYTHING for 20 days. And if not now, then when?
But I tell you what else I decided; even though I set out to lose these 20 pounds, I am going to do my photo shoot NOW, start filming video for my new web site NOW, start interviewing on television NOW because tomorrow is not promised.
It is not like I am fooling the people who follow me; they knew I loved fried chicken when we started this journey. They also know that the extra weight does not keep me from being one of the best business minds around. It is ME who needs to realize that. It is ME who need to stop holding ME back.
If this sounds like YOU I invite you to join me on this 20 day challenge. This is how you can get started:
1. Pick any day of the week to get started, just commit to start in advance.
2. Commit to avoid fried foods.
3. Be aware of your portion sizes.
4. Resolve to eat MORE healthy MORE often, meaning don’t starve yourself and then gorge.
5. Get active, even if it is only walking up and down each aisle in the grocery store each morning.
6. Drink more water, remember your body may tell you that you are hungry when you are thirsty
7. Be accountable; write down what you eat.
8. Forgive yourself if you have a bad day DON’T Stop! Start all over the next day.
9. POWER UP on fruits, veggies, and soups
10. Eat UP on beans, fish, and small portions of nuts
11. Don’t WAIT on the WEIGHT, LIVE your life NOW, even while you lose weight!
At the end of the 20 day challenge I plan on assessing where I am and then starting again for 20 days after a 5 day break. During the break I won’t lose my mind and eat whole cakes, but I will allow myself some freedom.
This is a LIFESTYLE change for me. I can’t keep putting my weight on the back burner. It is not a matter of how I feel about myself. It is a matter of how I feel. It is also a matter of how the world feels about me. How can I encourage people to do and be their best if I can’t do the same!
Yours in the struggle,
Dawniel and her health coach Reeshemah Holmes have a national health and wealth mastermind that helps women focus on being more healthy and more wealthy. If you are interested or would like to get an update on how she is doing on the 20 day challenge email Dawniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your blog delivered to you! Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. Six Brown Chicks’ list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.