The summer of 2021 looks to be more exciting than ever with 16 innovative happenings in Chicago neighborhoods presented by Chicago Presents.
Take in the sights and sounds of Chicago’s vibrant neighborhoods with these cultural events.
What is Chicago Presents
Chicago Presents is an initiative of Arts77, Chicago’s arts recovery plan. DCASE and the Walder Foundation have awarded grants ranging from $5,000 – $30,000 to support 16 community events, July 1 – August 14.
- Bronzeville Art District Tour presented by Bronzeville Art District (July – August, BronzevilleArtDistrict.com), Bronzeville
- Jolgorio de Salsa y Más presented by the Puerto Rican Cultural Center (July – August, PRCC-Chgo.org), Humboldt Park neighborhood
- Bronzeville Sounds & Color presented by Urban Juncture (July 7 – August 30, UrbanJuncture.org), Bronzeville
- Barrio Arts Fest presented by National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture (July 10 & 11, NMPRAC.org), Humboldt Park neighborhood
- Lot Jams presented by North River Commission (July 15, August 5 & 27, NorthRiverCommission.org), Albany Park/Irving Park
- What Symbol Represents a Spirit presented by Sky People Entertainment (July 17, OPLIAMmusic.com), Humboldt Park neighborhood
- Bands on Broadway and Beyond presented by Edgewater Chamber of Commerce (July 23–25, Edgewater.org), Edgewater
- Bronzeville Jazz/Music Experience—Falling in Love with Bronzeville presented by 51st Street Business Association (July 24 & August 21, 51stStreetChicago.com), Bronzeville
- The Power of the Word presented by Elastic Arts Foundation (various dates in August – October 2, ElasticArts.org), Avondale, North Lawndale, Bronzeville, Washington Park, and New City
- Back Alley Jazz Festival presented by South Shore Works in partnership with Hyde Park Jazz Festival (August 2, SouthShoreWorks.org), South Shore
- Firefest 2021 presented by The Firehouse Community Arts Center (August 14, TheFCAC.org), North Lawndale
- Pilsen Fest presented by Pilsen Community Market (August 14 & 15, PilsenFestChicago.com), Pilsen
Look for a second round of events coming August 15 – October 31, to be announced later this summer.
Filed under: Uncategorized