Feeling lucky? You can enjoy a Fortune Cookie with your lunch and maybe win BIG.
With the Mega Millions jackpot continuing to rise, players are hoping to find their fortune with lucky numbers.
To those ends the Illinois Lottery is holding a giveaway event today from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Thompson Center to celebrate the Year of the Rat.
The Chinese zodiac calendar designates 2020 as the Year of the Rat, which represents wealth and abundance. To commemorate this Lunar New Year now through February 8, Illinois Lottery brand ambassadors will hand out fortune cookies at locations in Chicago.
Not just a sweet treat, these fortune cookie numbers may bring a bit of luck to players who decide to play them when they purchase their next lottery ticket. In the past, fortune cookie lucky numbers have brought winning jackpots home for a number of players, both in Illinois and across the country:
- A North Carolina player won $344 million from his fortune cookie lucky number1
- A $2 million Powerball prize was won by a woman in New York who played the numbers from her fortune cookie2
- An Illinois player won a $200,000 Lucky Day Lotto jackpot playing his fortune cookie numbers3
- One Michigan player cashed in on a $300,000 prize with his cookie’s lucky numbers4
- After playing his fortune cookie lucky numbers for 18 years, a Missouri man won a $50,000 lottery prize5
FIND YOUR FORTUNE COOKIE EVENT – LUNCHTIME AT JAMES R. THOMPSON CENTER
Illinois Lottery brand ambassadors will pass out coveted Illinois Lottery cookies to passers-by at the Thompson Center.
WHAT: Illinois Lottery brand ambassadors at James. R. Thompson Center
WHEN: Friday, February 7, 2020 – 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: James R. Thompson Center – Concourse Level – 100 W. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601
Fortune cookies were made by OpenFortune and will be available while supplies last and players must be 18 or older to play Illinois Lottery games.