The 10th Annual 2014 Chicago Travel and Adventure Show returns to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, January 11 and 12 and Show Me Chicago is giving away ten pairs of tickets–one pair each to the first ten people who request them. PLEASE NOTE: The ticket requests were overwhelming–the ten pairs of tickets were gone in less then ten minutes. Winners will be contacted. Thanks to all for your quick response. Tickets are still available for $15 at the show or $10 online with promo code at bottom of post.
The show features some of the biggest names in travel plus culinary demos, sled dogs, family activities a chance to ride the mechanical bull and to interact with some of SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment’s “wild” friends.
With over 250 exhibitors to help you plan your next dream vacation you may discover destinations you may have never considered,” said John Golicz, CEO of Unicomm, which produces the event in six cities nationally. Whether you just want to get away from the cold or dream about it for the day this show offers a great escape.
Highlights of the Show include:
- Samantha Brown makes her return to the Travel and Adventure Show this year. The host of several Travel Channel shows, including “The Trip 2014”. Over the last 13 years, Samantha has traveled around the world visiting over 220 cities in 49 countries and 30 states in the U.S.
- Rick Steves, the best-selling author in the country for guidebooks on international travel, Steves is an awesome resource for special tips and insights while traveling abroad. Steves hosts his own travel shows on public television and radio, and is a nationally syndicated newspaper columnist. In 2013, Steves published his latest guidebooks to Paris and Italy.
- Todd Carmichael, host of Travel Channel’s “Dangerous Grounds,” travels the globe sourcing coffee from Bolivia to Vietnam, and points in-between. But this entrepreneur is also an adventurer, becoming the first American explorer to cross Antarctica to the South Pole – alone.
- Pauline Frommer, a member of America’s first family of travel is the creator of the Pauline Frommer’s Travel Guides, the award-winning guidebook series aimed at adult budget travelers. She is also a nationally syndicated radio talk show host of “The Travel Show,” which she cohosts with her father, travel legend Arthur Frommer.
- Travel Experts– the travel celebrities are just a few of the experts who will be on hand, with two full days of days of discussions, seminars planned.
- Adventure Activities –, mechanical bull rides, sled dogs meet and greet and SeaWorld Animal Exhibits are all free with admission.
- Culinary Theater lets you taste the international flair – literally – as chefs demonstrate their best recipes from far-flung lands. Top Chef fan favorite, Fabio Viviani is headlining.
- Global Beats Stage – non-stop musical and dance performances representing cultures around the world (with many in full costume).
- Dream Destinations – representatives will be on hand from U.S. locales (including Alaska and Hawaii), as well as experts who can help plan trips to Africa, Antarctica, Asia, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Europe, India, Mexico, the UK – even Yap Island in the western Pacific Ocean.
Show Information and hours:
The show takes place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Hours: Saturday, January 11, from 10 a.m.to 5 p.m., and Sunday, January 12, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (The show opens at 9:30 a.m. Saturday for travel professionals.) Tickets are $10 online with Promo Code: CHPR or $15 at the Door. Kids 16 years old and under are free of charge.
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what’s happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.