Jayme and I meet every Monday to talk about what’s going on with the team and we started chatting about how close the marathon is getting. I asked Jayme to put her thoughts down on paper, and we’d get it out as a post!
It’s getting nice out. Maybe you’ve started moving your exercise
routine from the gym to the beautiful outdoor paths. Maybe you are
starting to think to the future of nice weather, sunshine, pushing
yourself to the next level & supporting an important cause to you.
It all goes hand in hand, right? If you want to get out A LOT this
summer to enjoy the weather, run one of the world class marathons and
raise lifesaving funds for the American Heart Association, well do I
have the opportunity for you! Registration for the event is closed but
the American Heart Association has spots available! Sign up today to
secure your spot!
As an American Heart Association runner you commit to raising $1,500 and will receive the following in return:
- 1 spot in the Chicago Marathon (paid for by participant)
- Chicagoland marathon training provided by Chicago Area Runners
Association – includes 1 year membership to CARA – Starts June 11
- Virtual training and support provided nationally – Starts Memorial Day weekend
- Access to the NovaCare Rehabilitation injury hotline
- VIP race day amenities
- Commemorative plaque designating your fundraising accomplishment
- Personalized fundraising Web page & Fundraising Guide
- Official American Heart Association Start! Running Team singlet
- Weekly Newsletter with day of event information, fundraising tips, training tips and more
- Participation in team events & fun runs
- Support from Teammates, Committee members & AHA
If you’re interested, go sign up today. We are having a team
kick-off on May 17th that you can attend for more information, click
here to RSVP. 151 days isn’t very far when you think of all the sun you
will soak up running, the feeling of accomplishment when you cross the
finish line and knowing that the money you raised will go to lifesaving
research and education in the fight against heart disease and stroke.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, have a great day!