Born today was Gustave Eiffel.
Those unfamiliar with his life’ll
Know him at this present hour
Eponymously for a tower.
In Trivial Pursuit of the Eiffel Tower:
1. It is 1063 feet (324 meters) tall.
2. It is lit with 5 billion lights.
3. It is made of wrought iron.
4. In the sun, it grows 6 inches.
5. It weighs 10,000 tons.
6. There are 3 platforms. Tourists only climb upstairs 190 feet to the first. Elevators reach the second (376 feet up) and the third (900 feet up).
7. French author, Guy de Maupassant hated it; he ate lunch every day at its base to avoid looking at it.