-By Warner Todd Huston
Once again Congressman Ron Paul of Texas has won the CPAC straw poll. Paul took 30 percent of those polled this year. Former Governor Mitt Romney took second place with 23 percent of the vote.
Naturally when Paul’s name came out on top the Paulies erupted in glee.
To see a bigger shot of the results on the jumbo screen, click on the images below.
Full first choice poll results:
- Congressman Ron Paul (Teas): 30%
- Mitt Romney (Mass.): 23%
- Former NM Gov. Gary Johnson: 6%
- NJ Gov. Chris Christie: 6%
- Newt Gingrich: 5%
- Former Minn. Gov. Tim Pawlenty: 4%
- Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann: 4%
- Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels: 4%
- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin: 3%
- Businessman Herman Cain: 2%
- Former Ark. Gov. Mike Huckabee: 2%
- Former Penn. Senator Rick Santorum: 2%
- So. Dakota Senator John Thune: 2%
- Fomer Utah Gov. John Hunstman: 1%
- Miss. Governor Haley Barbour: 1%
- Other: 5%
- Undecided: 1%