-By Warner Todd Huston
The Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois is hosting a pro-Islam event that intends to stop the “Islamophobia” going on across the U.S.A.
A coalition of Chicago-area Muslim groups organized the event held at the convention center in order to combat “hate” they see being leveled against Muslims in America. This is interesting in that the FBI “hate crime” statistics do not show much of that “hate” going on in comparison to the crimes being perpetrated against other religions. The last year that full data was released was 2008, but in that year’s stats, it seems that Jews come in for far more hate crimes than Muslims. In fact, anti-Catholic bias seems to be almost as high as anti-Muslim bias.
FBI Hate Crime Statistics: Religious bias
- Of the 1,732 victims of anti-religious hate crimes: 66.1 percent were targeted because of an offender’s anti-Jewish bias.
- 7.5 percent were victims because of an anti-Islamic bias.
- 5.1 percent were victims because of an anti-Catholic bias.
- 3.6 percent were victims because of an anti-Protestant bias.
- 0.8 percent were targeted because of an anti-Atheist/Agnostic bias.
- 2.8 percent were victims because of a bias against other religions (anti-other religion).
- 4.0 percent were victims because of a bias against groups of individuals of varying religions (anti-multiple religions, group).
The facts do not support the Muslim’s who whine that some massive wave of anti-Islamic “hate” is sweeping America. In fact, this event seems to be little else but an effort to spread Islamism and attack America, her traditions, and her culture.
If you would like to contact the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois and express your feelings about their hosting of this event, here is the contact info:
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
5555 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018