Is IL incarcerating criminals less & getting more crime?
Any GOP GOV candidate arguing to reverse that IL policy?
Any GOP Gov candidate arguing:
- Pritzker soft on violent crime: look at the IL and federal legislation he supports, the State’s attorneys he supports, the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County and other judges he supports, the judicial bail policies he supports, his absence of a real bully pulpit on violent crime, the mayors he supports, the county officeholders and other politicians he supports and the national officeholders he supports.
2. Teachers’ unions have become very harmful to IL students, IL parents, IL public policies and IL taxpayers.
3. For much more parental K-12 school influence on and control over curriculum and key school management and fiscal policies.
4. For much lower IL public sector salaries & pensions.
5. For much lower IL property taxes and how to accomplish that: Reform IL collective bargaining laws, including repeal of teachers’ unions’ in IL right to strike and police unions and other public sector unions’ right to take municipalities to mandatory arbitration
Do IL and the Nation suffer from too little judicially ordered detention, supervision and incarceration of dangerous criminals?
Are IL Dems the real racists on crime (tolerating for decades inhumane violence on the south and west sides of Chicago) and K-12 education (tolerating for decades 15% to 25% of minorities at CPS reading at grade level) ?
Are blacks disproportionately in IL jails and IL prisons because they disproportionately commit violent crimes, including homicides of other blacks?
For answers to these questions, watch this week’s “Public Affairs.”
You can watch the program w/show host Jeff Berkowitz by clicking here. And on cable:
-In Chicago: Today, Sunday morning, Ch 19, 8:54 am and
-in Aurora: Monday, Wed and Sat nights, Ch 10, 6 pm
-in Highland Park: Monday and Wed. nights, Ch. 17, 8:30 pm
- in 25 Chicago Metro N & NW suburbs, Tuesday night, 8:30 pm, Comcast Cable:
––Ch. 19 in Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village, Hoffman Estates, parts of Inverness, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Niles, Northfield, Palatine, Rolling Meadows and Wilmette and on
-– Ch. 35 in Arlington Heights,Bartlett, Glenview, Golf, Des Plaines, Hanover Park, Mt. Prospect, Northbrook, Park Ridge, Prospect Heights, Schaumburg, Skokie, Streamwood and Wheeling and
-in Rockford: Thursday night, Ch 17, 8:30 pm
And, learn what, if anything, the five main, primary GOP GOV candidates are saying, outside their ads, about whether and how to cut:
–skyrocketing violent crime,
–IL’s education spending, which is the 8th largest in the Nation,
–Il’s 2nd highest property taxes in the Nation,
–IL’s teachers’ unions monopoly power
-IL’s enormously high teacher salaries and pensions.
Also, who is favored, as of now, to win the GOP Gov Primary? And, why?
-Who is funding some of the GOP GOV candidates, e.g., Aurora Mayor Richard Irvin, IL State Senator Darren Bailey and Woodstock businessman Gary Rabine and how much?
–Who are the significant GOP personalities endorsing Senator Bailey, why have they done so and does it matter?
Filed under: Uncategorized