Gov Candidate Sullivan: “Indiana has grown 1700 % more over the last decade than IL …It’s because of high taxes, public corruption and crime…You have to be a business-friendly state [From Part 1 of Jeff Berkowitz’s interview w/Jesse Sullivan (Public Affairs), 20:02-20:46]
Gov Candidate Sullivan: “Some people say, if you are supporting law enforcement… you are against our minority communities…my wife is Hispanic, our kids are [Hispanic]- like we have a black foster daughter.” [From part 2 of Jeff Berkowitz’s interview w/Jesse Sullivan, 17:58-18:16]
Part 1 of our two-part Jesse Sullivan, GOP GOV Primary candidate interview airs tonight in 25 Chicago N & NW suburbs at 8:30 pm:
- Ch. 19 in Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village, Hoffman Estates, parts of Inverness, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Niles, Northfield, Palatine, Rolling Meadows and Wilmette and on
- Ch. 35 in Arlington Heights, Bartlett, Glenview, Golf, Des Plaines, Hanover Park, Mt. Prospect, Northbrook, Park Ridge, Prospect Heights, Schaumburg, Skokie, Streamwood and Wheeling
You can also watch Part 1 of the GOP GOV candidate Sullivan interview
- 24/7, by clicking here
And you can watch Part 2 of the Sullivan interview by clicking here
- Jesse Sullivan (R-Petersburg, IL): Someone has to remind [Gov Pritzker] Chicago is in IL and [rampant street] crime there is his problem, too, and he has to roll up his sleeves and try to solve it…
- “No. 1, just the morale side of our law enforcement- to say, thank you [to police] …for every day sacrificing for …our communities– and that is a message I will be delivering loud and clear…”
- “Some people say, if you are supporting law enforcement… you are against our minority communities…[but] my wife is Hispanic, our kids are [Hispanic]- like we have [a] black foster daughter.”
- “In 95% of Chicago’s homicides, minorities were the victims. If you love people, you will want to keep our streets safe…so supporting law enforcement, that’s one of the central issues of our campaign. We cannot be a city of crime and still attract the businesses of the future here to Chicago.”
- [From 17:24-18:52, part 2 of the Berkowitz interview of Jesse Sullivan, GOP GOV candidate, airing on “Public Affairs” and the Illinois Channel].
Part 1 Interview topics for the show featuring Gov Candidate Sullivan include:
- Who GOP Gov Candidate Jesse Sullivan is at his core.
- Fixing the Illinois $420 billion pension shortfall.
- Addressing what most view as excessive IL public sector salaries and pensions.
- IL’s way above average K-12 education spending- relative to our neighbors.
- Significant public school performance failures, especially as to serving students in families with low-income families.
- Alternative ways to educate IL’s children, such as in charter schools, private schools & voucher schools.
- Illinois’ decade, or longer, significant individual and business out-migration.
GOP Gov Candidate Jesse Sullivan also discusses his approach to achieving reforms of State Government in a heavily, Democrat dominated state, where the Democratic Party holds most of the State’s political power and generally opposes most if not all fiscal, educational and healthcare reforms backed by the GOP.
Topics discussed in Part 2 of Berkowitz’s interview with GOV candidate Jesse Sullivan (R-Petersburg, IL) include:
-Gov Pritzker’s blanket mandates on mask wearing of kids in schools and business lockdowns across the State? Blanket mandates of vaccinations by state employees?
-Gov Pritzker’s failure to protect the most vulnerable (elderly and those with pre-existing conditions) from Covid19?
-Gov Pritzker’s discrimination against small businesses in lockdowns?
-Gov Pritzker’s failure to protect citizens from violent street crime?
-Always allow an exception for “Life of the mother” if abortion is banned
-Should there also be exception to a ban on abortion for rape and incest?
-How to work in a very blue state to reduce the number of abortions.
-The importance of assisting mothers in pre-natal, birth and post birth healthcare?
-The impact of IL’s very high over-all taxes on its residents and businesses?
-The State’s obligation to protect public safety and reduce crime, especially violent crime, in the State’s various localities?
-The meaning of multi-million-dollar IL gubernatorial campaign contributions to Jesse Sullivan?
-The impact of escalating inner city IL crime on attracting and growing businesses in IL?
Filed under: Uncategorized
Tags: $420 billion shortfall ', Chicago high rate of violent crime, COVID19, Covid19 disease of elderly, Covid19 disease of preexisting conditiions, GOP GOV candidate Darren Bailey, GOP GOV candidate Gary Rabine, GOP Gov candidate Jesse Sullivan, GOP GOV Primary candidates, GOP Gov primary in 2022, Gov Pritzker mishandling of Covid19, Gov Pritzker's failure to handle violent crime issue in Chicago and IL other inner cities, IL $420 pension shortfall, IL abortion issues, IL education spending, IL high taxes, IL high unemployment, IL highest in nation out migration of population, IL highest property taxes in the country, IL inner city crime, IL outmigration, IL outmigration of jobs and businesses, Jesse Sullivan, Pritzker won't reform government, Pritzker's mishandling of Covid19, Public Affairs with Jeff Berkowitz, Public corruption in IL, Sullivan pro-life, unnecessary IL lockdowns by Gov Pritzker