–Tonight’s City of Chicago edition of Public Affairs airs at 8:30 pm and midnight on Cable Ch 21 (CAN TV). It features Part 1 of our interview with GOP GOV candidate and former downstate senator Paul Schimpf
You can also watch the show 24/7 by clicking here.
Issues and topics for tonight’s show?
- $420 Billion in IL unfunded retirement debt? How would Schimpf handle that debt?
- IL outspends neighbors and national average in K-12 Education?
- And, 26% of FY22 budget devoted to Education, 22% to Pensions, 17% to Healthcare, 17% to HS and 18% to Other. Cut K-12 Education spending? Cut Higher Education spending? If not, cut where?
- Do career Illinois K-12 teachers receive most generous benefits among peers? Does the average pension benefit for Illinois state retirees = 71K?
- If yes, Should we Amend the IL Constitution? Cut government employee and teacher pension benefits?
- School Choice-school vouchers, an idea whose time has come? Schimpf says we should look at that.
- Would Schimpf as Gov have cut $2 Billion from each budget in last 4 year yrs & diverted those funds to State pensions? Would that policy fix IL pension mess if we continued it for 30 yrs?
- Speaker Welch promoting Income Tax Increase? Impact Middle Class, top 3% or everybody?