Happy 2nd Anniversary to Werk Force Brewing!
Finding a brewery that personifies “community” more than Werk Force Brewing would be more difficult than finding a mermaid in Death Valley. Werk Force Brewing, the brewery portion of Chicago Brew Werks (same building), caters to homebrewers – a terrific homebrewing supply store, beer drinkers, and other craft brewers. They never seem to miss an opportunity to collaborate with other breweries. In fact, if you visit, don’t be surprised to find another brewer from another brewery at the bar next to you. Chicago Brew Werks, in every sense of the word, is a friend.
I once wrote an article about them way back when my blog was in its infancy. It’s one of my favorite articles I’ve ever written and I loved capturing the spirit of Chicago Brew Werks & Werk Force Brewing. My only regret is, back then, I had not planned on doing interviews. I just wanted to tour places and write about them. That was a mistake, which is why one day I’ll redo that article and include an interview, too. For now, enjoy my article from last year, and more importantly, go enjoy the beer party.
They are turning two, and there is nothing terrible about that.
From their Facebook Page, with slight editing. (You can see the events page here. )
Event: Friday, June 10th, starting at 5pm.
Food Trucks: 5 to 9pm: Grumpy Gaucho and Chicago Pizza Boss
Special Brew: “Thank You” – A 2nd Anniversary IPA (6.7%. “ We threw in tons of Cascade, Centennial, Mosaic and Mandarina Bavaria hops that are backed by Pacific NW Pale Malt and Golden Naked Oats.”
Special Price: “ Growler fills of THANK YOU will be available all day Friday. 1/2 OFF – YES – 1/2 OFF JUST FOR YOU!! (32oz Fill $5 and 64oz Fill $10 — Note: all other growler fills are regular pricing)
They also added, “We are also tapping a ton of other awesome beers as well.”
2ND ANNIVERSARY TAP LIST:
- Thank You (2nd Anniversary IPA, 6.7%) *
- Thank You Firkin w/ Fresh Orange Zest (2nd Anniversary IPA, 6.7%)
- Bucha Vultures (Saison w/ Kombucha Tea, 4.0%)
- Apricot Vultures (Apricot Saison, 7.6%) *
- Internet Sniper (French Oak Red Wine Barrel Fermented Berliner Weisse, 3.7%)
- Oats Made Me Do It (Pale Ale, 6.3%)
- Spicy Mullet (American Barleywine, 10.0%)
- The Beer Formerly Known As… (IPA, 6.8%)
- Steve’s Going To Helles (Helles Lager, 5.6%) *
- Farmhouse Vultures (Saison, 7.6%) *
- I Got In A Fight With Stagger Lee (Barrel Aged Golden Wild Ale, 6.5%)
- Experimental Sniper 1 (Bier de Garde w/ Belgian Trappist Ale Yeast, 4.5%)
- Experimental Sniper 2 (Bier de Garde w/ Omega Hefewiezen Yeast, 4.5%)
- Experimental Sniper 3 (Bier de Garde w/ German Wheat Ale Yeast , 4.5%)
- Experimental Sniper 4 (Bier de Garde w/ USA Trappist Ale Yeast, 4.5%)
- Experimental Sniper 5 (Bier de Garde w/ Belgian Wheat Ale Yeast, 4.5%)
- Loveable Stuffed Animals (French Oak Red Wine Barrel Fermented Raspberry Kettle Sour, 6.6% – Collaboration with Noon Whistle Brewing)
- Rye Barrel Aged Don’t Hate On Reds (Imperial Wild Red Ale, 10.2% – Collaboration with Pollyanna Brewing Co.)
- Agave Barrel Aged Don’t Hate On Reds (Imperial Wild Red Ale, 10.2% – Collaboration with Pollyanna Brewing Co.)
- Nitro Cold Brew Coffee (Burundi Yagikawa Roasted By Ten Drops)
- Watermelon Cilantro Craft Soda
Oh by the way, as much as they are the emodiemnent of craft-beer community, they also make TERRIFIC beer. Werk Force Brewing 2nd anniversary is a celebration of great beer, great community, and great beer-geekery! Cheers, Werk Force! Brewing!