Guilt buying- I personally coin this term as buying because we feel we have too- not because we need it. With more and more personal sales companies coming up in the market, we area all being faced with invitations and opportunities to attend buying parties. We all want to support our friends but sometimes we just don’t need the stuff. Just last week, I was offered make up, skin care, purses, and girl scout cookies. I did buy the cookies!
While working with clients, I constantly run across these “guilt” purchases. Many of these items get cast in the back of a closet and never used. They then become clutter. Then comes the guilt about getting rid of them. A lot of skin care products only last for a certain amount of time.
Here are somethings to think about before you sign on the dotted line:
1. Do I need this?
2. Is your skin sensitive? Maybe consider getting some samples and trying out the products.
3. Would these purchases make good gifts?
4. Do I have space for them?
5. Is there a timeline when I have to use them.
6. Is there a return policy for clothes. I once bought a blouse without trying it on. Luckily I was able to return it.
7. Can it replace something I already have?
So don’t let the guilt get you! Its important to feel comfortable about what and why you buy!!