Recently I have received quite a few calls about conducting estate sales. Not every home is a good prospect to have one of these specialized sales. Here are some must haves in order to have a successful sale.
* A lot of stuff. A mixture of antique, vintage, and items in general. You need to appeal to a mass crowd.
* Lots of parking. I recently had a call about conducting a sale in a very busy area of the city. There was no parking. Another associate of mine recently turned down an opportunity due to the same reason.
* Room to set up and stage the items for sale. The items need to be visual and accessible.
* Earning potential. Before deciding to do a sale, add up the numbers. There will be advertising, staff, and supplies. What do you need to make a profit?
If having an estate sale isn’t right for your home, check out these other options.
* One day house sale this is basically a garage sale.
* Depending on the items you have, using private buyers.
* Consigning items in stores
* Selling stuff on neighborhood sites such as Nextdoor.
* Selling items on apps like OFFERUP and LETGO.
It takes a village to break down a home!