Clutter- if you aren’t careful it can multiply and take over your home. Here are the top ten reasons why you have clutter and what to do about it!!
- You don’t do your laundry on a regular basis and you buy more clothes. This is the quickest way to overfill your closet and dresser. Stop the buying and start the washing. Schedule time to wash those clothes. I do my laundry early morning before work. I am able to get a couple of loads done as I eat my breakfast and work on paperwork. What time works for you?
- You don’t have a home for all your stuff? This can create piles and boxes of stuff. Find a place for your stuff.
- When you get your mail you let it sit. After a while, you have several piles of paper. Start to process your mail everyday. 90% of it can be tossed in the recycle bin. Also, go paperless with your bills.
- You don’t have a file system. You simply stack up your papers. Create a file system and get rid of those piles.
- Your clothing closet isn’t organized by style and color. You can’t see what you have and therefore purchase duplicates. By organizing your closet, you will not only be able to see what you have but find things.
- The boxes/bins in your storage area aren’t labeled. Make sure each box/bin you put in storage is labeled and sorted by category. I am a big fan of clear bins.
- Things you don’t know how to dispose of, you simply put in a catch all area. Keep a donate bag or box. When its full, take it a donation center. Get the stuff out.
- Your recycling bin is too small. I see this happen all the time when people are in a buying process or decorating their home. Most cities have recycling centers where you can drop off boxes, ect.
- You have bag love!! You keep all those plastic bags and shopping bags. Put a stop to that. Start using reusable bags at the grocery store and for retail shopping.
- You go crazy at Costco. Who doesn’t like a good bulk purchase. Before you start buying everything in bulk, think about what you really use to make it worth your while. This is especially true if your space is at a premium.
And there you have it. 10 reasons why you have clutter and the simple ways you can put an end to it!! Happy Organizing!!