This is my favorite holiday besides Christmas. Simplify your life week. As an organizer, I am always looking for ways to simplify my crazy busy non stop life. Anything I can do to save a few minutes, makes me happy. Here are some of the things that I do to simplify my life. Enjoy!!
1. Every night before I go to bed, I set my clothes out for the next day. If I am going to an event that night, I set out an outfit for the night as well.
2. Before I go to bed, I evaluate my time for the next day. I write out a small game plan of things I need to get done. This includes, returning phone calls, running errands, ect. The items I chose to tackle are based on due date, and the pockets of free time that I have. Some days I get more done than others.
3. I cook in bulk. I don’t have the time to cook a nice healthy meal for myself each night. This way when I am super busy, I always have something in the freezer to take out.
4. I shop in bulk. Love me some Costco. Once a month, I make a pilgrimage to Costco to stock up on things. I would like to buy a lot more at Costco but there are many things I don’t use in bulk. I also have set up part of my storage area to store these items.
5. Online ordering. Yes, I was a little late to the game but now I am a huge amazon fan. Not only am I saving money, but time running errands as well.
6. Daily maintenance- This is the key to living a simple life and being organized. Everyday, I put things away. Whether is clothes, kitchen items, or papers, I take the time to handle it. I don’t let piles begin so I spend very little time organizing my place.
I hope these simple tips help you life an organized life!!
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.