All of us crafters like a good deal.Two years ago I bought these great teal beads on sale. They were going to make the perfect necklace. They are still sitting in my beading container. And so goes the life of a crafter. We find it on sale, bring it home, and sometimes it just sits.
I organize a lot of craft rooms. Sewing, quilting, beading and lets not forget scrapbooking. When all is said and done, there is always a donate pile. We all love those sale items. Here are some tips on how to keep your craft room in order.
* Keep your craft items organized by category. Everything should be contained and labeled. I love clear bins that stack.
* Have an area or container that you can use for current projects.
* Don’t buy things because of the price. Buy things that you know you will use.
* When your friends give you craft items, take only what you will use. Donate the rest.
* Evaluate your supplies on a quarterly basis.
* Don’t leave half done projects sitting around. Finish them or donate them.
* Don’t start too many craft projects at once. Having too many things going at once will cause you to lose your focus.
* Eliminate any types of crafting that you no longer choose to create.
And the most important thing, make it pretty. Paint, it shelf it, make your craft area a place that inspires you to create.
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.