Monday was my birthday. I rounded up my best gals, grabbed some great wine from my cellar, and headed off for a dinner at a local Byob. I showed up with 6 bottles of wine which were polished off and came home with five as gifts! Yeah me.
Consumable gift giving! I personally love it. Unless you know specifically what someone wants or needs, consider giving them something that is can be used up and doesn’t take up a lot of space. Being a city dweller, space is at a premium. Many people are busting at the seams with stuff. We all have that “gift guilt”. You have to keep it because it was given to you by a friend or family member.
So lets talk about consumable gifts! Here are some of my favorite choices:
1. Gift cards- Do you know your friends favorite places to shop
2. Wine- This is my personal favorite.
3. Coffee/Tea- -They probably don’t need another coffee mug you can leave that out!
4. Fruit basket- This is a perfect springtime gift
5. Home Essentials- If its a housewarming gift consider detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, or some basic that every person moving needs. Believe me, they will appreciate it.
6. Meals- If your friend is recovering from surgery, had a death in the family, or moving- a nice meal may due the trick.
So next time you have to gift a gift, think before you purchase! How much space does your friend have and what do they really need!!
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.