Sometimes I am the bad guy. Realtor’s call me in to stage or declutter a home before it hits the market. It’s my job to go through each room and put a plan together for the home.
It’s easier said than done. We all live differently then we stage. So lets get started- Staging according to Erin:
1. STOP LOOKING AT IT AS YOUR HOME-Instead of looking at it as your home, look at it as a canvas. A place that someone can visualize as their home. You have to make it “vanilla.” Take out your personality. Boring is good!
2. MAKE A GAME PLAN– Make a game plan room by room. Tackle one room at a time.
3. PACK-Pack up items that you aren’t using on a regular basis.
4. PURGE-Don’t haul your crap across the map!! Purge your home before your move.
5. Paint-There is nothing that shows a home as well as a nice paint job. If you paint is chipping, outdated, or unique (bright colors-sponge paint), consider doing some painting. A clean neutral palette such as beige or grey works everyone.
6. LOOK AT THOSE LIGHT FIXTURES- Are your light fixtures outdated? Got to home depot or lowes and get some simple modern ones. Believe me, they make a huge difference in a room.
7. FAMILY PHOTOS-Simplify your space and pack up these treasures.
8. DEEP CLEANING-Its worth it to have a maid service in to deep clean your home. Top to bottom. Everything from your floor boards to your crown molding needs a dusting. Mr Clean magic erasers will become your new best friend.
9.EMPTY THAT PANTRY- Stop stocking up on food. Start using what you have in your pantry to clear it out.
10. CLEAN OUT CABINETS/CLOSETS- Its important to clean out your closet and cabinets. Potential buyers will be taking a peak. They want to see the condition.
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.