How much should you save and how should you store it? Kids artwork always poses a question. There is no right or wrong answer. Everyone feels differently about it. Here are some questions to ask yourself.
1. How much space do you want to dedicate to the artwork? I had one client that had three kids and gave each kids a box per year. At the end of their school careers, that would total 39 boxes or bins of just artwork.
2. Do you or your child have a strong attachment to it?
3. What is your goal for it in the future? I have seen many an adult toss away boxes of their old artwork.
4. Is the artwork taking up a lot of space that you need for something else? Is it causing clutter?
Here are some different storage solutions that might work for you!
1. www.schoolfolio.com. This have a case that can store all your childs artwork. Its my favorite solution.
2. Under the bed bins. If you don’t have an attic or basement, this is a great place to store artwork. They are long and allow for different sizes of artwork.
3. Create a display area of your child’s artwork. Have you considered putting up a corkboard in your playroom or hallway?
4. Another storage option to consider is to not save the artwork. Some people take picture of the artwork and make a photo album of it for their kids.
There is no right or wrong answer. Everyone has a different opinion. It all depends on your attachment to the artwork and how much space you have to store it.
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.