Gentile Arena – Milwaukee Panthers v Loyola Ramblers
February 25, 2012
The final game of the 2011-12 Loyola Ramblers basketball season has come as the Ramblers play host to the Milwaukee here at the coveted Gentile Arena. Loyola is finishing off a horrendous opening season for Porter Moser and holds a record of 7-21 and 1-16 in the Horizon League. The Panthers have had a far better year and boast a record of 18-12 overall and 10-7 in the conference. Today’s game is meaningless, tournament seeding wise, for Loyola, but for Milwaukee today’s 3:00 pm affair has a dramatic effect on their Horizon League tournament slot. (anywhere from the 3rd to 6th seed)
Milwaukee Panther Notes
- Milwaukee has won 19 of its last 26 Horizon League games
- Most recently, the Panthers beat UIC 72-61 on Thursday with a stellar second half performance. The last time Loyola and Milwaukee met, the Ramblers held their own early but the Panthers prevailed late and pulled out a 59-41 victory back on December 1st.
- Speaking of the Dec. 1st match up, Ryan Allen, brother of the infamous Tony Allen, had 14 points and Kyle Kelm dropped 13. Kaylon Williams, the fearless Panther point guard, who recently broke the all time assists record had an excellent showing with 12 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists. Williams can get you on all cylinders.
- The seniors for Milwaukee are the aforementioned Williams, Meier, and Allen.
Loyola Ramblers Notes
- Ramblers are coming off a heart breaker to Green Bay in which Ben Averkamp hit a buzzer beating tip in at the end of regulation, but Loyola ultimately fell in OT.
- Today is Ben Averkamp’s 21st birthday so Happy Birthday Ben!
- Loyola has “locked” up the 10th seed for the Horizon League tournament so if Milwaukee wins and all the other cards fall into place, these two teams will meet again Tuesday in “North Chicago.”
- John Benkoske, Adam Cooper, Walt Gibler, as well as student managers Dan Kelleher and Dan Shepard will be honored today for senior day. Thanks to all that they have done during their tenure with the Ramblers.
|Ben Averkamp||6’8” JR||15.2 ppg||7.3 rpg|
|Walt Gibler||6’7” SR||12.7 ppg||5.9 rpg|
|Jordan Hicks||6’6” SR||7.8 ppg||3.8 rpg|
|Joe Crisman||6’4” FR||8.6 ppg||3.0 rpg|
|London Dokubo||6’0” FR||0.5 ppg||0.3 rpg|