At the corner of Milwaukee and Thomas in Noble Square – specifically 1084 N. Milwaukee Avenue – sits a very ornate glazed terra cotta gated building labeled with the name “Sherman Brothers Building.”
Built in 1921, this was once home to the Sherman Merchandise Company, which sold radios, record players and other music-related equipment. It closed during the Great Depression in the early 1930s.
By the 1950s, this was the home to Gatwood Insurance Company. The building is now a residence.