Please note this article is not another case of a Democrat insulting the Republican party and their religious members. I don’t like either political party and I’ve lost hope in the current political system until major changes are made.
While I’ve lost most interest in national politics, some things still catch my eye. But what bothers me the most, and always gets my attention, is when a politician campaigns on a the premise that their allegiance to their God makes them a better person than the other candidate. Fast forward a few months after their election and there they are obstructing ethical (i.e. Godly) legislation for their constituents only to make their donors happy.
If a politician’s adherence to the Bible is what makes them a good person and good elected official, what do they become when they no longer adhere to the Bible?
You can understand why I feel my arguments made here are sound: The voting and campaign records of Congress are widely-available public records, and since 7 out of the 10 Bible verses I used are from either Matthew, Mark, Luke or John, meaning that 70% of this is literally the Gospel truth (I hope that means the other 30% is the naked truth)
see also: Republican Talking Points Flowchart
Tags: Affordable Care Act, Assault Rifle ban, Bob Corker, Chuck Grassley, Colossions 3:12, Cory Gardner, Creepy Obama care ads, David Vitter, Dean Heller, Deb Fisher, Doug Lamborn, Food Stamps, Fox News, Head Start, Hebrews 13:5, Hurricane Sandy relief aid, James Inhofe, James Risch, Jerry Moran, Joe Manchin, John 10:10, John 10:15, John 14:27, John Barrasso, John Boehner, John Cornyn, John McCain, Johnny Isakson, Kelly Ayotte, Koch brothers, Lamar Alexander, Lindsey Graham, Mark 12:31, Matthew 11:28, Matthew 25:45, Matthew 6:24, Mike Coffman, Mike Crapo, Mitch McConnell, NRA, Obamacare, Orrin Hatch, political hypocrisy, Proverbs 14:31, Religious hypocrisy, Republican Congress, Republican Hypocrisy, Republicans 42 attempts to repeal obamacare, Richard Burr, Richard Shelby, Rick Perry, Robert F. Bennett, Roger Wicker, Ron Johnson, Sandy Hook, Saxby Chambliss, Scott Tipton, Sequestration, Tea Party, Ted Cruz, Tom Coburn, Unchristianlike Republicans