I can promise that you will not see Robin Thicke’s name anywhere on this list.
5. Color Runs: I imagine a group of runners got together and had the following conversation:
“I don’t think enough people know that we are running 5ks. Simply walking around the rest of the day with our registration number pinned to us isn’t drawing enough attention. I need everyone in Chicago to know that a) I run and b) I run for charity.”
“Well, in college, I went to this graffiti party where we all wore white shirts and drew all over them.”
“Perfect. Let’s do the same thing but throw bright paint all over ourselves and then not shower for at least 24 hours.”
4. High Waisted Shorts on Girls: Nothing says sexy like pants that button higher on your torso than mom jeans…
3. People Opining about Trayvon Martin on Facebook: Old people, thanks for ruining Facebook. Apparently ruining the economy, environment and our political system wasn’t enough.
However, shout out to Instagram for giving us a place to look at pictures of hot people without having our Dad’s friend’s political views jammed down our throat.
2. Every new restaurant using “small plates”: I used to be able to order a meal and devour it like the American I am. Now, I have to come to a democratic decision on what “small plates” the group can all agree they like, ask the waitress about how many “small plates” we need to order for us all to get full, and then neurotically worry throughout the meal if I am eating more than my share of the group’s food.
1. Paleo Diet: Didn’t we evolve as a species so we didn’t have to keep living like savages in caves who scrounge for food? Didn’t this diet already die out like 8 years ago when it was called the Atkins Diet?