Valentine’s Day is typically thought of as an occasion for exchanging flowers, cards, candy and or chocolates. For some it is a night spent enjoying romantic dinners, all in order to capture the hearts of one’s intended. For others it’s just another day so why make a big deal about it. What I’ve learned as a Relationship Educator and in speaking with other couples is that if it matters to him or her it should matter to your mate. We sometimes forget that it’s not always about us, but if it will put a smile on your mate’s face, make them happy then ultimately it only benefits you too.
Making Love Better TwoGether has put twogether the DIY ultimate cheat sheet of suggestions for creating inexpensive, thought provoking, enduring gestures to cupids love dust sprinkled all over.
DIY Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas…
- Give a dozen roses and on each stem attach a note with reasons as to why you love him or her.
- Breakfast in bed is always a winner… You can bonus the breakfast with a fresh bouquet of flowers. Be sure to leave enough time to steal some cover and share some skin afterwards. Don’t be in a hurry to start your day.
- A popular idea is to send an invitation scented with his/her favorite scent, giving your mate the time, place and date, then create your own romantic rendezvous for two… Scented candles, bubble bath, a massage, sensual oils and a few of their favorite things…
- Stir up something spicy in the kitchen by preparing a meal twogether… Select palate pleasing (Aphrodisiacs) foods that will surely get the blood flowing. Making Love Better TwoGether shares some great recipes for romance.
- Create your own personalized His & Hers coupon booklet guaranteed for “Just Because, Any Time, Any Place”
- Create foreplay all day, let them know via phone, text and video that they’ve been on your mind all day. Let your mate know that you are really looking forward to seeing them. Be absolutely sure to drop several sensual hints letting them know that you have a special treat when they get home. Let your mates imagination run wild with what if’s.
- Pamper your mate with a milk bath or bubble bath and a massage. She can dress in something seductive… a pair of lacy boy shorts with a matching bra and stilettos ALWAYS work. He can be equally sexy in a towel or nothing at all. Be sure to create the ambiance to fit the mood. Try His, Hers and Ours sensual soy massage candles, create an awesome playlist on iTunes. You can add a little spontaneity & spice with satin ties and a blindfold.
BONUS: Create an intimate Valentine’s Day evening at home. Enjoy planning the menu, shopping for the meal, and ultimately preparing the meal twogether. Cook to soft, romantic music. Set the mood for your His, Hers & Ours dinner. Dinner can be followed by just the two of you having the whole den as your dance floor for two. This has potential to lead to a true night of intimacy and romance that would not have happened at the local restaurant!
Get our blogs right in your inbox. Click the “create subscription” button. Intimate Discussion’s list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Yanni Brown, a ChiCity born, Certified Relationship & Intimacy Educator and if you asked “What’s Love Got to Do With It” she would answer without hesitation “Absolutely Everything.”
Tags: Advice, Anniversary, authenticity, Awesome, Beautiful, Communication, Conversations, Couples, Courting, Do it Yourself, Every man wants, Friends with benefits, Great Sex, Healthy Relationships, Her Needs, Hers, His, His Needs, Intimacy, intimate discussions, Lifestyles, Love, Love Jones, Love Lessons, Love Letters, Love Matters, making love better twogether, netflix and chill, Ours, Passion, Relationship Expert, Romance, Sensual Soy Candles, sex and relationships, Six Brown Chicks, Spontaneity, Steve Harvey, Valentine's Day, VDay, Woman, Women, Yanni Brown