Every year, we come upon December 31. It is a day where many people create their New Year’s resolutions. Most times those resolutions don’t get any attention past January 30. Why don’t we stick to what we said? Why can’t the simple resolution of exercising 3 times a week, losing 20 pounds, drink less or save money be kept? I know there are many factors as to why we don’t keep the resolutions.
About 2 years ago, I gave up creating daunting New Year’s Resolutions. Instead, I am trying to focus on how I want to feel and what I want to experience throughout the year. I reflect and set intentions on how I want to feel, and what I want to come as an end result when I look back at the year in review. Reflection plays a huge role. I like to take a quick look back, learn from it (good or bad). Was it successful? How can I make it better or eliminate it from the upcoming year! Questions to ask.
I like to look at these 4 aspects that help be successful and guide my life: health, money, business / career, and relationships. The following are the 8 questions that I believe help me plan for a successful year to come. I hope these help you!
- How was my health in 2017 and how can I improve on it in 2018?
- How can I build more physical activity into my daily routine?
- Did I save, invest and manage my money well in 2017?
- What is my financial plan for 2018 and how do I feel about it?
- Did I create and/or follow my business/career plan in 2017?
- What new business / career skill do I want to learn in 2018?
- How does it feel when I love myself and take “me time”? How can I ensure myself that time?
- What do I want to do in 2018 to positively improve relationships with family, friends, co-workers and my own spirituality?
There are many more questions to be asked when thinking of making 2018 successful and the BEST year yet. These are a few guiding questions. What is your “BIG WHY” that will help you improve your life? Taking time to reflect is an excellent way to steer your life to where you want it to go. Be aware and conscience of where you are going, where you want to be, and how you can redirect yourself to get there! Involve your family in a reflection and include questions that can make your home / family life even better too!
Wishing you a year full of love, joy, satisfaction, and many accomplishments!