If you are a relatively new hockey player, then you might be interested in a new D-Level hockey league forming now. The Novice Beginner Hockey League will begin playing in December and is holding evaluation skates over the next few weeks. Here is some more information about this new league for noobs:
- D-Level league for adult (18+) beginners/novice players with 3 years or less of skating and/or hockey experience.
- Also welcome are players with hockey experience that have not played in a while.
- No checking or fighting (duh!)
- Games will be played at the American Heartland Ice Arena in Lincolnwood, IL (near Lincoln Ave., Touhy Ave. & Cicero Ave.) (map).
- Game nights will be Saturdays and Mondays at 10:30 pm. All teams will play one game per week on either night.
- Games will consist of three 15-minute periods.
- Four teams of 12 to 15 skaters each, plus one goalie.
- Team parity will be closely monitored. All players will be evaluated via “try out” sessions prior to admission into the league.
- Free agent registration only. Players will be divided evenly among teams based on skills and experience.
- Coed league; women are welcome and encouraged to join.
- Cost is $150 for a 10-game season (plus playoffs)
- League will start in December.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org. He is setting up the league and will host several evaluation skates — the first one is Thursday, October 17. If you can make it, email Mike. If you can’t make it, email him anyway, and he’ll let you know about the next evaluation session.
This sounds like an incredible deal. Sure, the games are late, but $150 for a 10-game (plus playoff) season is a steal! Most leagues will cost you an average of $20 per game, while this costs $15 per game.
Also, this league is targeted for new players. While playing against people better than you will make you better, you also need to compete with people at your own skill level. If you are new to hockey like me, then this might be your chance to get some quality playing time that will help develop your skills too.
That said, I am joining this league. If you join too, be sure to say hello.
Filed under: Hockey Games