Recently Dr. Vino created a poll asking his readers their opinions about “wine list[s] centered on wines made by women.” While I don’t consider myself a die-hard feminist, I agreed with 18% of the pollers who said, it’s a “great idea and long overdue.” I’m all about women and wine, and I think the wine industry cares a lot about what women like to drink. Apparently, we drink more wine than men.
To encourage you to share, I’m giving away my current favorite bottle by a female wine maker: a 2009 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc. You can read all about my love for this bottle here. This Sauvignon Blanc can be purchased through the winery for $30 a bottle–but I’ll give you one FREE (since the winery was nice enough to give us a bottle when we were there), if you enter the contest and WIN:
simply leave a comment below that addresses the issue of women and wine. If you’re stuck, answer these:
Would you buy a bottle of wine just because it was made by a female wine maker?
Who is right? He Sips or She Sips?
Here are some rules:
- Comment as much as you would like, but you will only get an entry for your first.
- You may receive an additional entry by linking on Twitter and
leaving a link to your tweet in our comments.
- You may receive an additional entry by blogging about this contest
and leaving a link to it in our comments.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents who are 21 or older.
- The winner will be selected via random.org.
- Contest ends Sunday, September 12 at 8PM CST.