As the days of 2015 wind down it is a time of reflection for many. A moment where we take a beat from our busy lives to assess our accomplishments of the year and to give thanks for the many things that contributed to our happiness. It is also a time to evaluate if what we are doing in our work life is still something we are passionate about.
Whether you are content with your current job or considering a new path in 2016, you need to get prepared for your journey. This means making sure your personal brand is reflective of who you are what you offer your current or future employer. Your brand is unique to you and needs to be articulated in a proficient manner.
Here are some tips for making sure you are ready for 2016:
- Make sure you have an updated résumé. Add your current duties and accomplishments to your existing résumé. Remove or minimize any excessive verbiage that doesn’t apply to your current vocation, instead focus on more recent specifics on what contribution you are making in your current position.
- Update your LinkedIn profile with your current skills. Add in any pertinent awards, video clips, media or presentations you made over the past year. Add a current photo to your profile.
- Go through your LinkedIn contacts and make a list of people you want to connect with this year. You need to constantly be expanding your business network. Follow up with them and develop a relationship.
- Evaluate what social media has been the most effective for you and focus on these sites. It is nearly impossible to be proficient in all the sites, so pick a few and really work them to develop your brand.
- Identify what goals you want to attain this year. Focus on fulfilling these goals in 2016.
Enjoy your New Year’s Eve knowing you are prepared for an outstanding year filled with new adventures, accomplishments and opportunities you may never have imagined.
Happy New Year!! Make it Count!