Everyone’s gotta feed their family! One of my favorite Wisconsin discoveries since I moved to Chicago 10 years ago is the Culver’s BUTTER BURGER! My fellow NU peers from Wisconsin were all obsessed about Butter Burgers and I never understood it until…..I got CULVERIZED! Now, we’re pretty much obsessed with Culver’s.
Why am I writing this on ‘Fru-Girl’? Tell me last time you got a delicious, fresh burger for under $4….that’s right – Butter Burgers are FRUGAL! AWESOME! Jon and I love Culver’s amazing Butter Burgers and tend to take visiting non-mid-westerners to get the real Culver’s experience. We have a checklist of things to make our visitors try:
- Deep Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic Butter Burger
All made with fresh Wisconsin Dairy + Beef! NOM NOM NOM! Living in Evanston, sadly (we don’t have one really close) so our Culver’s experiences have to wait until we’re out of town: we’ve hit up the Culver’s in Antioch, Mt. Prospect, Pleasant Prairie and on the way to Ohio in South Bend. Why is Culver’s so good??
- They use fresh, never frozen beef for their burgers and real Wisconsin Cheese! (not that processed stuff like fast food joints).
- They have deals! (Follow on Facebook + Twitter for giveaways and deals!)
- The people are always nice and the restaurant is always clean!
- They have their own Root-beer – YUM!
- Culver’s offers seven SnackPak Meal options that include a signature ButterBurger, small crinkle cut fries and a small drink. Some of these meals start at less than $4! Bargain!
- Join Culver’s eClub and receive a buy one, get one free Value Basket for joining and free One Scoop Sundae on your birthday.
- Also the Text Club offers deals and news about your local Culver’s right to your phone and you’ll receive a free single scoop of Fresh Frozen Custard for signing up.
Prices are much like that of McDonalds….only WHY in the world would you eat at McDonald’s when you could have a Butter Burger + Cheese Curds. If you’re spending the calories on Burgers, Cheese and Frozen Custard…..Get thee to your nearest Culver’s!