While everyone’s talking about money, taxes, the national debt, and throwing around crazy numbers like Trillions and Billions…why not sing about it? Every genre and style has songs about making money, paying bills and of course complaining about the tax man…and why not? We pay 10% in Chicago ON TOP of our huge federal income taxes! Anyway, singing is therapy and YouTube is free…so relax and while you’re figuring out what you are required to pay Uncle Sam and sing your heart out!
- If you’re in debt, this one may resonate with you...Sixteen Tons
- Abba’s Money Money Money is a classic!
- Depression Era song, “Brother Can You Spare A Dime?”
- Hey, if you start saving…you’ll be thinking about what to do with all that cash, so get some good ideas from the Barenaked Ladies, “If I Had A Million Dollars”
- Pink Floyd’s classics, “Money“
- Barrett Strong sings about what he wants….”Money!”
- Here’s one about tax day…..Beatles “Taxman“
- Think big, and listen to Travie McCoy’s “Billionaire” (clean version)
- Billie Holiday’s “God Bless the Child” says “Money, you’ve got lots of friends…”
- Bluegrass favorite of mine, “I Ain’t Broke But I’m Badly Bent” I’m moving back to the country, ’cause I can’t pay the rent, no I’m not completely broke, but brother I’m badly bent…
- And here’s the O’Jay’s money song, used now for The Apprentice intro, “For The Love of Money”
- Cee-Lo Green’s “Forget You”, I guess the change in my pocket just wasn’t enough
AND here’s a bonus!!! Now time for a Sing-A-Long with Destiny’s Child…..“Bills, Bills, Bills”