So, it’s the New Year, and perhaps you’ve started your journey towards a NEW YOU? If the answer is YES I HAVE, then this activity could be something FUN for you to do. It’ll also give you a visual goal to keep in front of your face at all times, reminding you of what you are committing to. I’m talking about making a fitness dream board. People make business and life dream boards a lot, but why not get more focused with the topic of your dream board? If you have health goals to reach this year I encourage you to make a fitness/health specific dream board. You can do this physically by getting poster board and cutting out pictures and getting really crafty with it, or you can do it like it I did. I made mine online here -> http://www.oprah.com/spirit/O-Dream-Board-Envision-Your-Best-LifeTM
This is one that I made up really quickly with some of my fitness goals and commitments…
Things to think about including on your fitness dream board can be:
- How much weight you want to lose.
- What size clothing you’d like to wear.
- Specifically, like I did, clothing you’d like to fit BACK into.
- What numbers you may need to get your cholesterol down to.
- What numbers you may need to get your blood pressure down to.
- What medications you’d like to get off of.
- What activities you’d like to be able to get into again (sports, dance, playing with kids, etc.)
- What weight you’d like to be able to bench press.
- How far you’d like to be able to run (or plan for a race)
- What yoga pose you’d like to be able to do.
- Commitments (as I did, post what you will commit to in order to improve your health)
- A picture of your fitness role model
- A picture of someone you are doing this for (your kids, your spouse, etc.)
- A picture of something you are doing this for (a reunion, a vacation, perhaps the prevention of a chronic illness, etc.)
- A mindset you need to adopt in order to achieve your goals
I could go on with that list, but that gives you an idea. I dare you to give this a try. Seriously, it’s FUN! Plus, it’s always good to have those strong reasons WHY so that you aren’t giving up by the end of January. You need a strong foundation to build your commitment to fitness on. So, if you haven’t done that yet, then now is the time.