It’s a slow newsday (CSN is reporting that Jay Cutler wished Kristin Whateverhernameis good luck on some ridiculous dancing show via twitter) but here are a few random thoughts and stories related to things that matter.
- The Columbus Crew currently sit on top of the Eastern Conference with 41 points despite a goal differential of minus 2. To put that into perspective the Fire’s goal differential this season is minus 4.
- The Fire Reserves take on FC Dallas in Texas tomorrow morning at 10 am.
- The Fire’s playoff hopes are still alive (albeit on life support) and the ninth and tenth spots are still up for grabs. I think Houston is in trouble with only four matches remaining including @FC Dallas, Chicago at home, @Portland, and home against Los Angeles.
- Jeff Crandall takes a look at Diego Chaves’ first meaningful playing time in quite a while.
- Kyle Sheldon, DC United’s Director of Marketing Communications has some sound advice for MLS broadcasters.
- In light of my perusal of the MLS playoff picture and the Fire’s remaining schedule I think the Fire will end up missing the playoffs by plus/minus three points. I also can’t help wondering how different this season would be right now if Sebastian Grazzini had been here from day one.