According to Carlos De Los Cobos, Nery Castillo will not travel with the team to Seattle in order to continue working on his fitness. Castillo will stay in Chicago to work with fitness coach Alvaro Birones ahead of the Los Angeles game next weekend.
“Nery is improving, but first he needs to recover his best fitness level because he is not 100%. He won’t travel with us. I prefer (he) stay with the Professor Birones and a few other guys to train. Maybe for the next week he will be ready for LA. My intention is that he needs to recover his best fitness level and the only way to regain that is for him to train every day here”, said De Los Cobos.
In other practice/training news heading into Seattle:
- De Los Cobos appears to be leaning towards Krol at left back and Segares at center back this weekend. He also mentioned the possibility of starting Watson-Siriboe ahead of Brown. Those decisions will probably be made on Saturday.
- John Thorrington is ready to play and will travel with the team to Seattle.
- Patrick Nyarko may also be available to start and may play some forward.
- Collins John is also fit and may see some playing time this weekend.
- Calen Carr is also in the mix for a starting spot.
- Sean Johnson is fine and has been okayed by team doctors to play on Saturday. Johnson trained today.
- Marco Pappa has a slight hamstring issue. The team will re-evaluate him tomorrow in Seattle. Pappa missed training today.